Presented by the Canadian Bar Association British Columbia Branch
Please note that this is a live rebroadcast of the original session on June 19.
If you attended the June 19 session and would like to re-take this course on August 21, please contact Professional Development directly email@example.com.
||Webinar/In-person Seminar*: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm (Pacific Time)
This course is also available by in-person format.
||David A. Crerar, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Ludmila B. Herbst, Partner, Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP
||Stuart Rennie, Legislation and Law Reform Officer, CBABC
||$95.00 for CBA members (+HST)
$199.00 for Non-members (+HST)
(As CBABC incurs a cost for each connection, the same fees apply for in person and online attendance.)
Webinar Special Group Discounts: If you have 5 or more lawyers attending from 1 computer, inquire about our group discounts! For 4 or fewer lawyers, individual rates still apply.
||Friday, August 17, 2012 (while space is available)
Space is limited, register early to avoid disappointment.
||The new BC Limitation Act (Bill 34) will repeal and replace the old Limitation Act . As a result, the litigation landscape in BC will drastically change, affecting clients’ rights to sue and liability of lawyers for any missed limitations. Be the first to learn from our experienced presenters, who have served on the Attorney General of British Columbia, Advisory Group on Reform of the Limitation Act , about the need-to-know on the new Limitation Act , including:
• Applications for the new 2 year basic limitation and new 15 year ultimate limitations;
• How the new discovery rules operate;
• Transition for pre-existing claims under the new Act; and
• When limitations are suspended.
2 Hours of Approved Continuing Professional Development in BC
Attendance at this webinar will provide you with 2 hours of the CPD for your 2012 Law Society of BC reporting.
For HST exemption please use the PDF registration form.
Cancellation Policy: Once payment has been processed there will be no refund issued.
We strongly recommend all participants to check these requirements and run these tests 1 or 2 days before the course date in order for the webinar to work properly for you.
• You will be sent the webinar link and log-in instructions 1 day prior to the course date.
• All materials and handouts are available for download in the webinar room.
• Please ensure your computer speakers are working properly as audio will be delivered entirely over the computer. (steps to optimize computer audio)
• Earphones are recommended for the best sound quality.
• Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and test your Internet connection: click to run test
• Click here to see additional technical requirements