In today's economy, everyone is under greater pressure to do more with less. While most legal departments and law firms agree that there must be a better way to manage and pay for external legal services, many have yet to take the necessary steps.
Join Richard Stock of Catalyst Consulting to learn how you can better manage the use of your external legal resources and ensure that you pay the right price for the value you receive.
Address: The Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, 10th Floor, 845 Cambie St., Vancouver BC, V6B 5T3
In this exclusive, senior-level workshop, Richard will help you to
- Analyze and understand your legal spend - determining where there is potential for improvement
- Examine the critical links between legal project management and the cost-effective use of external counsel
- Share practical examples in a confidential environment
- Weigh the benefits that can be achieved with alternative fee arrangements
- Acquire some of the techniques and resources, proven in-house, to develop your own short-term plan
Key take-aways from the Workshop
As a participant, you will acquire some of the techniques and skills to
- Predict and reduce legal fees
- Budget complex matters using legal project management
- Introduce alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) that will recognize value from law firms
- Introduce AFAs that will better manage legal spend
- Implement seven measures to reduce external spend by 20%
- Have the discussion with law firms
- Measure the difference your actions make
How to Get the Most from the Workshop
This is an interactive workshop incorporating your needs as a participant whenever possible. Each aspect of the workshop content has been proven successful. As an additional advantage, participants can submit questions they would like addressed up to 14 days before the session by sending them to Richard Stock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard G. Stock M.A. FCIS, CMC - Partner, Catalyst Consulting
Richard has been working with lawyers for more than 35 years - first as a client representative, then as a legal executive with a national firm, and for the last 18 years as a legal services consultant. His practice is focused on corporate/government legal departments. Visit www.catalystlegal.com for more information.
Catalyst Consulting has been designated CCCA's Preferred Provider for Legal Services Consulting for nearly 15 years.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is targeted to General Counsel and senior legal executives and provides a rare opportunity to discuss legal management issues with peers.
This workshop will run from 9:00am to 12:00pm on Tuesday, December 13.
Cost: $495.00+ tax