Presented live via webconference
Presented by the CBA General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Conference and the Legal Profession Assistance Conference
Considering going solo or trying to take a small practice to the next level? Firm models are ever evolving and one size does not fit all. Join us for this practical session dealing with the best ways to establish, build, and grow your firm.
Topics addressed include:
- Advantages and drawbacks of various law firm models such as professional corporations and limited liability partnerships
- Leasing versus owning office space (and the tax and liability issues of each)
- Hiring and supervising employees (the case for fewer support staff)
- Building client relationships ("communicate, communicate, communicate")
- Managing financial issues (retainers, billing and disbursement recovery)
- The importance of specialization, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Risk management (securing the insurance you need)
Join us at this thought-provoking session and start planning your future.
Patrick I. Cassidy, Q.C., Cassidy Nearing Berryman