To register for this format, please click on the "REGISTER NOW" button. If you prefer another format for this program please choose from the listing on the right hand side.
Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Agenda: 7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration & Buffet Breakfast | 8:00 am - 9:00 am Program followed by Q & A period
Location: Twenty Toronto Street Conferences and Events (OBA Conference Centre) | 20 Toronto Street, 2nd Floor | Toronto, ON | M5C 2B8
Panel discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada decision in Southcott Estates Inc. v. Toronto Catholic District School Board released 17 October 2012:
• The majority decision
• The dissent
• What are "reasonable steps" to mitigate?
• Specific performance: proving "a peculiar and special value"
• The duty to mitigate in Canada post Southcott
• Early assessment of reasonable claims to an interest in land - a new role for CPLs?
• Where do we go from here?
John O'Sullivan, John O'Sullivan Law
J.Thomas Curry, Lenczner Slaght (of counsel for the appellant Southcott Estate Inc.)
Andrew M. Robinson, Miller Thomson (of counsel for the respondent Toronto Catholic District School Board)
Hilary Book, WeirFoulds LLP