CBA SKILLED LAWYER SERIES 2017
Project Management for Litigators
The complexity and cost of today’s litigation necessitate careful planning and budgeting from the outset of a case. While lawyers tend to use file management principles in their practices, Legal Project Management (LPM) allows in-house lawyers and external lawyers to collaborate on new approaches that provide better value and predictability for clients and greater efficiency for law firms. This session will explore LPM methods to effectively manage litigation, and illustrate the benefits for those legal departments and law firms that embrace LPM.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts of LPM and apply them to litigation files
- Benefit from early case assessment and risk identification
- Establish and track timelines, staffing and budgets
- Proactively manage litigation files and improve communication between the lawyer and client
- Use LPM to best meet your needs and the needs of your clients
This is the 1st session of the Essential Skills for Litigators webinar series.